Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 21, 2006, 4:06 PM   #1

I'm looking for an ultracompact camera and I can't find one that fits my criteria to well. So I thought I would ask for some help.

1" or thinner

Optical View Finder

Decent shot to shot time - Mostly with flash because a good majority of my shots will be taken at night

4MP or greater

Durable - I'm fairly rough of my equipment so I don't want something that will break by just being in my pocket.

Decent picture quality. These pictures are mostly going to be hosted on webpages, but I would like the option to be able to print a few of them and would like the quality to be good.

Antishake or Optical Stabilizing of some sort. I'm not the steadiest person in the world.

Cost plays a little bit of a role. So far I've looked at the canon SD series, but I've heard problems with the LCD's and slight purple fringing. I've thought about the casio s500, but without an optical viewfinder its not really in the race, I've heard good things about the panasonic fx8 though I've heard of LCD issues with them as well. The sony p200 looked good until I read about the dust problems with the lenses. Pentax pictures just aren't very good IMO.

So tell me what options I have. I'm afraid that I didn't leave much left, but hopefully you guys will think of something to help me out.

Thanks in advance

ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:45 AM   #2

Hmmm look like Casio EX-Z120, seem to fit on most of your criteria :idea:

armadilloshield is offline   Reply With Quote