Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:08 PM   #1

i came onto this forum to try and get some proffesional opinions from you and i got nothing on the topic i posted.(http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87) why are you even here for, if you do not help anybody? just to talk to your friends and keep the informaton you have within yourselves.

kajtek123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:58 PM   #2

You posted 2 hours apart.. People don't live at the computer. I'm sure it will be answered soon.. If you look, this is one of the most popular best acclaimed forums, and your comments will offend a lot of people.

I will jump there right now and see if I can get it rolling.. THe problem is that when you ask about CERTAIN models people tend to answer only if they've owned one or tried one.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:29 PM   #3

Sincere thanks for your reply. You handled it very well. I doubt that I could have been that patient. We all lead busy lives and sincerely try to help everyone, but we do not sit by the computer 24 hours each day. Please cut us some slack.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:41 PM   #4

"What camera should I buy" is one of the most frequently asked questions in the forums.

Any choice is a compromise and not many forum members have used all of the models you're considering.

Even if they have used them, you'd get opinions, based on how they like one versus another.

So, in the end, you'll need to decide what's best for your needs.

Asking for opinions on the best camera is like asking if a Ford, Chevrolet, Subaru, Toyota, Plymouth, etc., is better. You've got a lot of choices that may be of similar quality with similar features from a number of manufacturers.

We have reviews of most major camera models here:

If you want a professional opinion of how a model "stacks up" for things like startup time, autofocus speed and reliability, cycle times between photos, viewfinder usability, flash range, image quality indoors and outdoors, etc., look at the Review Conclusion Sections (the last page before the samples in each review)

You'll also find sample images with some of the same subjects in each camera's review here to make them easier to compare (with your own eyes).

In addition, you'll find cameras that have been deemed to be a good value within their market niche on our Best Cameras page here:

Some of our forum members take a lot of time trying to point new users in the right direction when they ask about a camera choice. They do this to try and help out others, and often receive little appreciation or thanks for it.

So, when someone complains about how bad the forum is, it probably won't go over well with those willing to help out.

Good luck with your camera choice.

There is no one choice that's going to be perfect for every user in every condition, and you'll need to make the decision on what's best for you.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:02 PM   #5

It may be worth mentioning, too, that a descriptive and specific subject line can be helpful. "What's a good p&s with wide angle?" or "Which ultrazoom for high-speed sports played in near darkness?" will probably attract more knowledgable responses than "What's the best camera?"
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote