Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:14 PM   #1

I currnetly have a sony cybershot dscw1, I Dont neccesarily want to "upgrade" but I can spend about $300.00
I basicaly just need a "point and shoot" camera, but would like a little bit of freedom (much like my dscw1 gave/gives me).

Things I need (want) in my camera:
-high quality movie resolution
-accesories for it including:
-more zoom(if not above 3x already)
-underweater housing safe for scuba diving
-myabe external flash, depending
-5 megapixels
- it would be nice to have a large lcd

Basicaly I dont want to get realy invovled in chooing my camera, i just want one that will work. I know that needing an underwater housing limits my choices, and I might buy a cheap digi cam if My better one doesn't go over $250.00.
I realy liked my dscw1, but recently it hasn't been working right(the camrea doesnt recocgnize where the mode dial is) I am totaly satisfied with this camera other than the fact that, it doesnt work.
Another key point that i have to mention is this, I already have a lot of accesories for my dscw1 and it would be nice to not have to throw them away. Would you recomend getting the dscw7? The only reason I'm hesitant is because my dscw1 isn't even a year old and its already breaking, are all sony cameras like this or did i just get a bad one?

also, could i get it fixed somehow?
keybowvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links