Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:28 PM   #1

So I had made up my mind to by the Canon camera until I went to Circuit City the other day and the salesman there talked me out of it. He said hands down that the Panasonic was a better camera and it was 50 bucks cheaper. I havent found a lot of review on the Panasonic but quite a few on the Canon. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!
bekahlynn2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:07 AM   #2

Very odd. Circuit City pointed me to the Panasonic as well. Best Buy pointed me to the Canon. Best Buy doesn't sell Panasonic, at least at the time I bought the SD450. (Are there certain corporate relationships that influence these "recommendations???")

I'll be curious to see other posts. I am ecstatic with my 450. Did not do a lot of research. Bought mine spontaneously before a trip and admittedly bought it just as a pocket camera. (Looking to get a larger, higher quality DSLR for more important events.) The 450 will then truly be a pocket camera for spontaneous and on the go shots. I've been able to capture PRICELESS moments (photos and videos) I wouldn't have captured with ANYTHING larger. Just wouldn't have the camera with me.

Are there better? Take it from someone who is truly analytical about these things and (usually) researches them to the nth degree, I'm very happy with my 450.
leeraff is offline   Reply With Quote