Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:41 AM   #1

I have an Olympus Camedia D510 now. Our problem is it's too slow - we seem to be missing shots of our kids.

I'm not sure what speed for shutter lag, shot 2 shot and startup is sufficient for our needs. Most if not all of our pics will be of our 2 girls ages 2 and 4. In the fall our 4 yr old will most likely start playing soccer. I want something faster than what we have now.

I recently found out that through a friend I can get a discount on Panasonic. I like the idea of the ultra zoom of the FZ7 but I'm not sure I want to carry it around - from the review it does seem fast enough. The 6x zoom of the LZ5 seems like a good compromise but I'm not sure if the speed performance is good enough. I don't necessarily need the fastest camera out there just something sufficient.

Thoughts? Are we better off with something other than Panasonic?
briman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:27 PM   #2

just having stepped up from an Olympus D490 to the Minolta z6 then on to the FZ7 I say you'll be happy with the FZ7. I've had it for 3 days now and have come to really like it. I purchased a Minolta Z6 first and then read about the FZ7 so I bought one to compare and there is a definate difference. You'll like the big lcd screen and the view finder function is very nice for the finer long shots. The auto focus light really helps in the low light and it is very fast to focus. If you want something for long distance shots of your Daughter playing soccer you are going to like the long lens of the FZ7

rickyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote