Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:06 AM   #11

JungleKing wrote:
Well about shots with motion on them: 99 per cent of the time I would only shoot photos with my friends striking a pose so there would be no movement in the picture. So I guess OIS would be a good thing for me. In this case I'd go with FX01 because Sony T9 is just a little too delicate and it has a really weak flash. Or would you seriously put T9 ahead of FX01?

So I guess my choice will be Panasonic FX01 although I'll keep Fuji F30 also in my mind.

The T series has been out a while and I know of no durability problems. The flash on the earlier models made it almost useless. But 9 feet has been about average for small cameras. That is the range of my current pocket camera without using flash assist and I don't find it to be that limiting.

However I would probably take the FX01 over the T9 because of the wide angle and great burst mode. I would wait for some reviews though from someone who does specific noise tests like DCRP and dpreview. Same for the V10. You can't always project from earlier models.

While less of a factor than optical stabilization or high ISO, a good burst mode can help in limited light. I find that if I work at steadying the camera I can do better in burst because it negates any movement caused by pressing the shutter. That isn't as much of a factor if you do a full shutter press, but I almost always let the camera focus at half press first and the shot is almost instantaneous with the rest of the press. Grabbing 3 shots in a second seems to give me a better chance of hitting a moment of null movement than 3 individual shots.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote