Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:31 PM   #1

This will be my first digital camera. I love to take pictures of everything. I will be taking it on a cruise in June, so it needs to have attachments or something that will allow me to take great pictures in the sun and water. I take a lot of pictures of people so I dont like redeye. Also, I have a new puppy that I want to take plenty of pictures of and she is very active.

I really don't know where to start. I have read ALOT of reviews on all different kinds of camera's, but half the language I don't understand. I am thinking I need 3MP and 4x Optimal? zoom.

It seems simple enough. I didnt want to spend too much on my first camera, because they are constantly updating these things and canceling others. I want good quality pictures that I can print. I probably won't be doing many 8x10's just the basic 5x7 mostly.

I would appreciate any help I can get on my search!! Thank you.

atmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:20 AM   #2

I would look at the canon's. They take good pic's and arefast ( or at least mine is ,the A610.) You are goingto want a faster cam when taking pics of a puppy, I know from experience. 4X opticalzoom is a would begreat on a cruise, and 3 or 4mp would be fine on 5x7. And as far as price goes, I spent $255 on mine which is a 5mp with 4x optical zoom.
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote