Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:14 PM   #11

For what it's worth, I just received my z850 today and......

"LENS ERROR" straight out of the box. Purchased it from buy.com so I have an RMA and will return it tomorrow. After reading of all the issues with this series of Casio cameras I think I will wait for the W100 or for something else. Disappointed since I was looking forward to using the 850 on my trip next week.
rickpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:48 PM   #12

I am sorry to hear about the bad luck with the Casio Z-850. The shots from the Sony W-50 have been very impressive. I am looking forward to seeing some from the W-100.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 1:07 PM   #13

That's really scarey - I'm avidly awaiting my Z750 - hope I don't share your bad luck.

BTW - RE: Mt Climber's mention of my advocating Rockwell's site.

Sorry. No, I'm not commercializing anything - just happen to agree with the guy a lot.

And so far the Moderators don't seem to mind, but I will include this sort of disclaimer if I mention this site again. Which I may well. As far as I know it's not a commercial site, and I, for one, have no commercial aspirations at all.

I'm RETIRED, and wouldn't even accept money for this sort of thing - or any other! I have enough to get by on, now you guys make yours!

But thanks for the heads up - don't want to overdo things.

Sure hope my Z750 arrives in good shape!!

Should you wish to see a more detailed exposition of my opinions, try my (non-commercial) website:

Ohlsonmh is offline   Reply With Quote