Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 22, 2006, 8:43 PM   #1

Last year narrowed my selections to the S2 and Sony's H1. Had mind made up on the S2 (even though I own a Sony P10 ) because:

1) Zoom speed is much faster on the S2 than on the H1. Found this to be true many times testing them at Best Buy etc.

2) Like the S2's enhanced Movie Mode ability to zoom while filming, shoot photos during video, etc.

3) Though the 2.5" screen on the H1 is sweet, I like having anarticulating lcd on a camera...just gives you more options. Didn't like the fact that the S2's lcd is only 1.8" My P10 Sony only has a 1.5" lcd....really like the larger screens now more commonplace on digital cameras.

Now I see both of these cameras prices have dropped anywhere between $300-400 bucks, very tempting...than Canon comes out with the S3! Has a Sports Mode, 6 mp, 16.9 aspect shot ability, 2" lcd (better, not huge difference, but better), My Colors feature's been enhanced. If you read the review on Let's Go Digital site, review said the 6mp makes a huge difference in image quality. I was so set on the S2....and now am jones-ing for the S3. Whoa is me. What to do? I just wanted to get closer shots of my kids playing soccer! what do you think?
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links