Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 23, 2006, 6:36 AM   #1

Hi all, I'm reding lots of reviews to help me decide what camera will be the completion to my canon d.rebel xt. I need something pocketable with:
- enough manual control
- good video and audio recording
- >= 6Mpixel
- optimal image quality
I can't find the right solution, reading the reviews it looks like any camera misses something.
Anyway, the candidates are:
- casio exilim ex-z750
- casio exilim ex-z850 (better than 750 for noise but worse for movie recording)
- panasonic fx-01
- sony p200 (a little too large but everybody says it's great)
Any hint?
aletog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:21 PM   #2

From another thread on this site: check out this site:

Ken really likes the Casios, and has a lot of good advise on many photographic subjects.

I had pretty well dedcided on a Casio 750, and this site made up my mind: I want as small as possible with an optical viewfinder and as many controls as possible, so I just ordered one. Wish the tiny Casio 500/600 line had the viewfinder & as many controls!

"The camera you have WITH you, gets the picture"

Ohlsonmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:31 PM   #3

I looks like you are doing commercials for ken rockwell, this is the 3rd or 4th post I have found this morning touting that website. Just a hint. We try to stay away from commercials on this forum. Don't be surprised if you find some of the posts removed by the Moderators.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 2:38 PM   #4

Sorry - not posted as a "commercial" - just that this guy makes a bit of sense - your other post in response to me says you think he's kinda' "commercial", also - I hadn't detected that - got the address from a post on this site.

I just am trying to help, and it was nice to see some things which appear to me to make sense.

I have long felt that small cameras are the way to go, starting with my travels with a 35mm Olympus XA, and an SLR. After several trips where the big SLR never got used, I began taking only the XA - and now tiny digitals.

Thanx for the "Heads up"!

Ohlsonmh is offline   Reply With Quote