Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:19 AM   #1

That's a kodak Z730, missed the "0" for some reason...

Looking to replace an old HP 812 that just recently died, plus I'd take two pics and a set of brand new batteries would already be dead.

Looking at those 3 cameras, mainly because of price. I don't want to spend too much over $250 if I can help it. What i'm wanting to do is mostly point and shoot, but I have two dogs with a lot of personality and energy. When I would go to take a shot of them playing, by the time the shutter would open and close the 'scene' would be over. I may try to take some arranged shots of stuff to put up on the walls in my office so I'd like something that does well in all areas, normal, low light, etc. Don't really care about batteries, AA are fine with me, cheap and easy to replace. Just tired of missing shots, and having to use a 35mm disposable then having to scan them, yadda yadda yadda...

I've read the reviews at Digital camera HQ, and they say that this site gives a good review of the A610, so I thought I'd try here. If there's any more info needed just let me know. I did read that the A620 tends to soften the pics a lot so I don't know if that's the one for me, I'd like crisp no matter what I'm shooting so if anyone has any experience with these cameras I'd appreciate some info.

Thanks in advance!

slundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2006, 3:21 PM   #2

Both the Canon A -610and the A-620 are excellent cameras that have been highly rated in professional reviews.

Here is the A-610 review:

And here is the A-620 review:

I hope that helps.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote