Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:34 PM   #1

We love the picture quality we get from our Panasonic FZ3 and at the time didn't think we needed more MP's since I didn't think I'd enlarge anything bigger than a 5x7. Well... we've had the camera about 2 yrs now and since then have gotten some fabulous pictures... some of which I wish I could blow up to at least a 12x14. That camera really inspired me to take some great shots PLUS of course, the camera itself really gets great pic quality for a 3 MP.

So here I am wanting something like the FZ3 (as far as picture quality goes) but would like something more compact and with more MP's. We also need something that has a QUICK response time (busy kids) and does wellwith both outdoor shots and low light shots.

AND we've also gotten spoiled with the FZ3's 12x optical zoom (with IM). We could compromise and do a 6x opt zoom but understand that long zooms and pocket cams don't go hand in hand.

So here's our list:

>at least 5-6 MP

>lightweight and compact (not tiny, just a little smaller than the FZ3)

>GREATpic quality (outdoors and indoors)

>QUICK response time

>some decent optical zoom

Don't need all the fancy extras... more concerned with picture quality that comes straight out of the camera without having to THINK FOR the camera. (I'm a busy mom of 3 and don't have time to read a long manual.) But I also don't want to compromise on picture quality. Ok have I said "picture quality" enough in this post? :?

TN Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:41 PM   #2

TN Mary-

Why not consider the soon to be introduced Panasonic TZ-1.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote