Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 31, 2006, 10:43 PM   #21

hey dadeo,

actually, mine has arrived; but at my brother's. he lives in the US, and I'm in brazil. electronics here cost around 2 to 3 times what they cost in the US, so he's bringing it to me in just over a week now. I can hardly wait

well I'm glad you chose cameta. I had my mind set on the factory demo for a long time... but then I considered one particular point that swung me towards the brand new one. mostly the fact that I the cameta warranty wouldn't mean much to me, me being in brazil and all. I'm better off with a nikon warranty for one year... and then someone somewhere said factory demos were a little bit riskier than refurbs. I don't know wether that's true... but, having the extra 100 bucks available, I just went for the original factory warranty. if I did live in the US I'd definitely go for the factory refurb, though. and I'm glad you took the info on the other topic into consideration... thank the people there that replied to it. I just asked what you wanted to know

well, as soon as it gets here, I'll go out shooting whatever I can and then post some samples here. hope you'll do the same

edit: I did get my new one from cameta though, with their bigass kit. 699 with a 2 gig ultra II card, an extra battery plus a few gadgets, still a good deal. I think they're great
kezs is offline   Reply With Quote