Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:42 PM   #1

Hello all... I'm looking to upgrade my Canon S1 IS for a summer long trip to Europe. I've really liked the camera, so naturally I was looking at the S2 and S3. I've the S3 may not be worth the difference in price (and it may not be out by the time I leave on May 3rd), so the S2 looks nice. However, I'm also looking at the TZ1 now and it's reduced size. In favor of the S2 is a slightly lower price, AA batteries, a system I'm used to, good reviews, great movie mode... For the TZ1 a smaller size, similar specs, interesting widescreen modes. I do need the super zoom, thus these selections... any thoughts? (or other advice?)

cxr341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:55 AM   #2

You have less than three weeks till your departure. If it were me, Iwould prefer to stay with a camera that I knew rather well, meaning the Canon S-2 IS. In three weeks you cannot really master a new camera sufficiently to insure that you don't miss some great shots.

I also agree that the S-3 is not worth its so called "added features". The Canon S-2 is a great camera and it can be currently had at some all time low prices.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote