Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:00 AM   #1

My canon would act up from time to time, but it continued to work & so I didnt pay much attention to it when it did act nutty. Well about a yr ago, the thing went dead. Thankfully I was able to borrow my brothers camera & so I let this sit around. Warrenty was up anyway. So this past week I take it in right to Canon (for all GTA-Toronto people its located on Dixie Rd. North of the 401 on the left side). So the lady hands me a work order for $242! I was like...what? I said how could you put a dollar value for repair if you havent even diagnosed it yet? She informed me that her computer said it was that amount. I am NOT kidding you. The labour alone was $210 plus the taxes coming to $242. I phoned today to tell them I would be picking up the camera unrepaired. This is ridiculous! Besides, they only warrenty their repair for 3mths! I can buy a new camera for a bit more & the extended warrenty to boot for better value. SO needless to say, after a few Canons, I am disillusioned with this supposed superior product. I do know someone that has a Powershot 550 & loves it. But again, would like to stay clear of Canon. Although new, what do you think of the Nikon P4? Seems to be the same pricing as the 550. What are the differences between the 2 do you think? What about Olympus? When I bought the S45, Sony had some crazy concept going on with their memory card. Has that changed or the same? I'm a basic photog, I like great pics on my vacations, & my family functions as well as printing pics up to 8X10 sizes. I wouldnt mind blowing up some nature shots to 11X14 or 16X20. I suppose then I'll need higher MP. I would like to buy something new or thats just come out as I had with the S45. I dont plan on upgrading anytime soon & figure by the time I do my camera will be obsolete. LOL

How would you spend my money?

t.glamgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links