Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 26, 2006, 3:30 PM   #1

I have been pouring through the reviews on this page to identify a digital camera that has the LANC (Cannon or Sony) or ACC port (Sony) so that I could connect a special remote to it to be fired in sync.

I saw many cameras with this port in their older versions (ex Sony DSC-V1), but cannot seem to find any in the $300 - $400 range that would be still sold actively on the market - this is for a grant project and I can only purchase items in "new" condition. A videocamera would work as well, but it would have to be around $400, not more.

Your help is appreciated,

nahoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:09 PM   #2

Forget those fancy sounding PR BS names... sounds really much like you're after wired remote port.

Wired remote ports really aren't available in much any cameras currently, some cameras use IR remote... also makers are trying to kick users wanting advanced features to dSLRs.

So might be that older, discontinued models would be only choises... unless you'll want to crack camera open and make make "hard mod".

At least KonicaMinolta A1 and A2 (some shops seems to still list those here in Europe) have remote port but getting one would require finding shop which has one in old stock (or then checking eBay) but those would propably go over budget.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote