Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:27 AM   #1

OK. I managed to find incredible deals on both of these cameras ($50 for the Canon and $63 for the Kodak) so money is not an issue. I purchased both, knowing the return policy at the store would allow me to take one back if needed (heck, at these prices I could always E-bay one if I needed to).

Anyway, I got the Kodak first and have been pleasantly surprised when comparing the photos to my current Canon A40. Aside from the obvious resolution differences (4.0 for the Kodak and 2.0 for the A40), the Z700's photos were just sharper and cleaner. The Canon's indoor shots were a little more color saturated, but this also led to more noise.

So today, I saw that the A520 had also now been clearanced so I picked it up. Still have to give it a whirl, but reading some of the website reviews of it have me a little skeptical. Sounds like there can be quite a bit of noise in output from this camera. And it's incredibly slow from what I've read.

I've been a Canon fan ever since I got my A40. And I never have been much of a fan of Kodak. But the Z700's output has been great from the short time I've had it (also like that 5x zoom). Obviously, I'm going to play with the A520 for a bit to see how she shoots.

Anyone here have opinions on these two cameras? Which would you choose?
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links