Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:18 PM   #1

looking for a good camera for everyday snapshots of family, kids, etc. Im no professional, but would like something I can grow into. I basically know nothing expect point and click... So of these 2 cameras, which is better?

one thing I really would *like* to work nicely is the movie mode on the camera. I know its not going to be a real video camera, but would like something that can take nice quality video clips I can put on my computer of my kids, etc and eventually make little dvds of them growing up, etc of soccer games, etc... ill eventually splurge and get a digital camcorder, but one at a time and in the meantime, would like this feature to work nicely....

00bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:51 AM   #2

It is well accepted that the Canons have a great quality movie mode...and generally accepted that its an excellent overall camera, very capable of doing lots more than what you list. It might be worth while checking out its capability shooting indoors...parties...christmas etc, as this is probablly something you would be doing.

I would also suggest that for what you require, don't waste your money on the new S3, the S2 is a great camera and prices are dropping because people are buying S3s when they don't REALLY need it!

Just my humble opinion.
stupidgrinner is offline   Reply With Quote