Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 2, 2006, 11:50 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Gozinta
Take a look at the C-LUX 1
That's just a rebadge of the Panasonic FX-01 I mentioned in my previous post, with minor cosmetic differences. Comparing the pics it seems to be exactly the same size.
Amleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 12:41 AM   #12

i too am interested in ultracompacts... i just bought a sony dsc-w30, and the size is OK, but once it's in a case (i bought a lowepro pouch with it), it is far too bulky for pockets. i am thinking of returning it, but don't know what to get instead.

so i guess i have additional questions: are these thinner cameras (mentioned by others) going to be just as bulky in a case? or, should i just keep the w30 and try to find a pouch that is more snug-- or does that defeat the purpose? or, what models are generally sturdy enough to survive being in a pocket, unprotected?

thanks for any input... i am a total newbie!

[edited to add: i was also looking at the canon sd30, which isn't particularly flat/thin, but it is narrow, which makes it more pocketable, for me at least. however, inside a pouch, i'm sure it'd be bulky too... i don't know how durable this one would be without a bag, either, and i'm concerned about the cracked LCD reports]
bunnyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 4:10 PM   #13

with thin cameras, you can always get very thin bags, more like "sleeves," that add only a tiny amount of extra thickness, like:

( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00065L5TY )

you can usually find these products easily by surfing amazon (either by running a search, looking on the product page for listed accessories, or reading customer reviews).

and always remember this axiom:
"Google is your friend"

bluesdance is offline   Reply With Quote