Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 2, 2006, 2:25 PM   #1

Hi everyone,

I'm was looking for some tips because i want to buy a new camera.

I want to use the camera for normal things, my dog, a day with the family at a familypark, a trip to the sea ....... not the proffesional things.Tough i want to make sharp, bright pictures with a rich pallet of colors.

I looked at the shop for a Canon A530 but once i was there i saw the Kodak Z740.That also seems to be a nice camera when looked at the specifications.

I don't mind the fact that the Kodak is larger than the Canon, the only thing that interests me is the quality of the fotos, inside and outdoor.

Anny tips, comments?

Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2006, 9:49 AM   #2

hey,,, thx for all the help :shock:

Could never have made a decision without all those great information from you guys :?

really gonna recommand this board to my friends,,,ooh yeah

Old May 9, 2006, 10:06 AM   #3

Not very many people have used both cameras.

Those that have one or the other are most likely going to recommend the one that they chose.

Ford or Chevrolet? Lincoln or Cadillac?

There are lots of choices within a market niche.

If you want the opinion of image quality from a professional reviewer, simply read the camera reviews here. You'll find information on things like startup time, cycle times between photos, autofocus reliability, viewfinder/display usability, etc. in each model's review conclusion section, along with comments on image quality.,

You'll also find sample images from cameras reviewed here (last page of each camera's review) so that you can compare photos with your own eyes. Some of the same subjects are normally included in each camera's sample images to make them easier to compare.

It's also a good idea to try out models you consider in a store, to make sure you get a camera that you're comfortable with.

A user is going to have preferences in a camera model, just like they have preferences in a vehicle. No one choice is going to perfect for all users and all conditions.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 1:53 PM   #4

Depending on your budget, the Canon A-540 or the A-700 can give you a bigger bang for the buck. They also have a vivid color selection that should please you as well.

In the Kodak line, which camera were you considering? I have the Z-760 and the Z-7590 which I can compare to the Canon line if that helps.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 11:44 AM   #5

I was thinking about the Kodak Z740.

But now i've seen also the Sony dsc s600 with a 6 Mp Carl Zeiss lens and wide angle.

Now i totally doesn't know what to buy :?

I compared the example fotos on this site from the Canon A530 with those from the Sony dsc s600,,imo it feels like the Sony fotos are more colorfull and brighter.

I must stay out of those shops before i totaly lose my mind about what to buy :?
Old May 11, 2006, 10:05 AM   #6

Ok, i just come back from the store and bought the Canon A530 :-)

I know there are other brands but Canon has a reputation in photography.But the thing that made me choose is that on this site he's between the best 5MP cameras and that Sonny dsc s600 or that Kodak z740 are not... and because you guys seems to know what you're talking about i think i've made a good buy, don' you think?

Once i know the camera a bit i shall post a couple pics.