Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 2, 2006, 8:45 PM   #1

I've gone from Panasonic blindness to Fuji Fever in only 8 days. I like the pictures from the Panasonic FZ7 and FZ30, but fell in love with the shots I've seen from the Fuji S5200 and S9000. I will take pictures of the family and outdoor events, wild life and indoor party shots. Don't know that I need the S9000, but I sure like the looks of it. I'm looking for a camera that I can lean to use over time, I expect a learning curve but not one that will prevent me from using it right away. My guess is that the S5200 would be a good choice, but I wonder if I will become bored with it by the end of sumer, and not be happier with the S9000 in the long run? Any thoughts? :?

dap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2006, 2:58 AM   #2

S5200 is that standard me-too button zoom point&pray menu surfer.
S9000 has superior manual zoom and more external controls, while it definitely can't come even close to best controls there aren't current cameras with better controls.
Also S9000 uses CF cards which will be around when all other current card formats have been forgotten. (and are cheaper than proprietary xDs and available in big capacities like 4/8GB)
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote