Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 3, 2006, 8:14 AM   #1

Panasonic DMC-FZ20 or DMC-FZ7?Most sites offer so much praise of the FZ20 that I'm a bit confused as to whether to go for it or the new FZ7. I also like the idea of the manual focus.*However* I will kind of be travelling around with it alot so if the FZ20 is actually cumbersome I'd kind of be better off with the smaller FZ7. Is the FZ20 really all that big?DO either really stand above the other as regards overall picture quality?I also have a rather specific need of having to take pictures of text in an archive with whichever one I choose. I know that neither are really meant for that but is there one of the two that would produce better quality results - I read on one site that the macro function actually works better on the FZ20?Finally just how bad is the FZ20 at lowlight photos?* I'm reading on some sites that its almost unusable indoors with lowlight - which would be a big let down.Any answers, tips or personal preferences would be much appreciated.Thanks,Thelo (Newbie)PS. This is a fantastic board!
Thelonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2006, 6:29 PM   #2

[align=left]Hi, [/align]
[align=left]check these links:[/align]
[align=left]I am not impressed by the Panasonic's 6MPix CCD iso400 performance.[/align]
[align=left]Canon's 6MPix CCD (that equips the S3 and the A700) is clearly superior.[/align]
jnrob is offline   Reply With Quote