Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 12, 2006, 9:35 AM   #1

Help me pick 1. I already have a Canon 20D with all the bells and whistle like battery grip, 580 ex flash and so on...... i love it and im happy with it. Now im looking for something a little smaller or small which came down to two choices. Canon S80 or Canon pro1. Please give advise. I like S80 thefor its size, andI also like The Pro1 cause i can use an external flash (which i have) and have good feautures. but its a lot bulkier than the S80 and Much smaller than my 20D. Do you guys think i can get better quality pix on the Pro1rather than theS80???.

Thank you!!

ChEcKmAtE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 9:44 PM   #2

I have the message looking for the best wide angle in compact and sub-compact.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"From your question it seems size is what this is all about.

Based on all of the reviews, the Pro1 will give you better images. However, I have a very good proconsumer dSLR and it has great images. The problem is I am not prepared to lug it around with me. The difference in size between the Pro1 and the 20D is significant. But is it a difference in how often you will carry it? (Especially with the external flash.)

If I am reading you right I would recommend the S80 for everyday use, and for the times when you are going for something special pull out the 20D.
eljohn is offline   Reply With Quote