Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 16, 2006, 12:52 PM   #1

Hello, been looking at the canon sd series, sony p200, and casios for a travel cam this summer that's fast, responsive, decent macro, lightwt, decent movie mode, between 200-400 dollars, that will keep me relatively happy for the next 3 years (w/o feeling need to upgrade). The last comment is basically why I'm considering 6-7 mp rather than 5 mp cameras.

I've been reading that some owners of the p200 experience blurry photos when zooming. Is this an inherent risk with all of these ultracompacts--and should I even bother trying to figure out which ones handle it better? I'm wondering if perhaps it's just the photographer's fault for not holding still...

If one line is better than the other could someone inform me? I tend to zoom often.

On a diff note: how bulky are the chargers for the casios--z600 z750 etc? would you consider taking a casio with you on a month long tour of europe and morocco if you had to lug that around too? Just wondering. I can't seem to find exact specs on the dock.

Finally, what's the final verdict on the lcd crack thing? Last i read was that canon covers repair in the 550 and 600 but not 400/450/500. True?

pixielated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links