Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 19, 2006, 10:50 PM   #1

I am looking to buy a new digital camera andhave mostly been looking at the Canons. I really like the S2 but wonder if it is just too much camera for me? I have also considered the A700 & 620 since they are smaller than the S2.

Here are things I am looking for:

- The more zoom the better (4X minimum).

- I am not as concerned with megapixels as I am with zoom. I will very rarely(if ever) be blowing anything up past 8x10.

- I carry my camera with me everywhere, so itneeds to fit in my purse/bag.

- I like totake pics of everything - scenery, close ups of people, flowers, action shots of my students, pics in the lowlit classrooms at school, out in the sun, on vacation, weddings, at concerts, buildings in the city, etc,so I need a camera that could perform in all those situations. I will also hopefully have a baby in the next 18 months or so.

- I have only ever had point & shoot cameras that I used on auto, but have interest to get into learning more about manual settings,so a camera that can grow with me is good.

-Viewfinder that matches LCD.

- Night modes.

- Quick time between pictures, especially when using flash.

- LCD size not that big of an issue - of course bigger is better &I like the ones that swivel, but that is not mandatory

Would the S2 be a good fit for me? Should I be looking at something else?

RnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2006, 11:35 AM   #2

From what you say, the S2 IS would probably fit in with what you want. It may, however, bea bit big for "purse or bag". (but then that depends on the size of your purse! :lol
JockScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 10:14 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. If the S2 is too big, shall I go for the A700 instead?

Anyone else have any thoughts???
RnR is offline   Reply With Quote