Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 20, 2006, 3:03 PM   #1

It depends on what you want...............I have a camcoder and DSLR cameraand I am very pleased with the results........however they are somewhat bulky to carry around.

For a few years, I have being looking at combo digital cameras and camcoders......the prices have been high , resolution so-so, and the combo unit a little big for me.

Along comes the Sanyo HD1..........a 5 meg pixel camera with a high resolution camcoder [debate as to how high]. It is very small......and fits in my pocket!!! I leave it on my desk recharging and when that quick shot is needed, grab my Sanyo HD1 and shoot high quality pix and video.

For low light I modified a very small unit [forgot name] and the autofocus works well in no light and the pix & video are ok in no light!

This is NOT a pro model nor should it be compared to one. It is a compact unit that works well, has some quirks that every camera has, and serves me well for the purpose of getting those missed shots. I carry it everywhere since it is so light and compact...........something I could NEVER do with my older camcoder and DSLR.

That said...........it is very difficult to answer this question..........It all depends on what you want.............happy hunting...........

jbat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links