Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 23, 2006, 1:30 PM   #1

I dropped my camera in a stream in about 2 in of water. I think it is done for. I am sick. I could count on excellent color and images, except for only 3xoptical zoom.In replacing have researched all the reviews. Think I see that the Nikon D50 makes great quality images. I don't want to fix each image for noise, etc. Ease of use is important. I had no problem carrying that size around. I also carry a "small" digicam around, and you won't believe this one,I dropped it into the river. Was suferring jet lag on an outing to look at the flooding in Iowa.For all around use I need a good camera for having with me. I was thinking. Get a D50 with upgraded lenses. Seems to be a lot of criticsim on lenses. I am not familiar with lenses except reading the reviews. Amazon.com reviewers are recommending 70-300 lens in the cost neighborhood of$575 . I read also about substituting the NikonD70 lense package.I guess I need a lot of advice. I would like to keep the image good, get good closeups of flowers, wildlife, kids on soccor fields. Is  the Cannon SD700 a good small camera to pair with best camera for important events, the D50. And I haven't ruled out the Cannon Xt  . Nor Panasonic Z30.Just one good camera. Thanks. Sorry I rambled. P.S. Had a contract on the Cannon520 and it was replaced by Sears. S, have been wanting to upgrade to D70 SLR.
rhetarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links