Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 28, 2006, 11:11 AM   #1

Hi people I've been doing some research on digital cameras lately and came across this great site so I though I'd share my problem.

Im a watersports enthusiast and will be hopefully spending the next year in various sunny places around the world as a windsurfinstructor. I want something that can give me good short videos, of people doing moves etc (which I could perhaps put together to make 10-20min videos) as well as nice action stills.

Originally i was looking at a hybrid device like the Sanyo C6 or the Sony M2because of the great video capability. My heart was set on the C6 but I want to be able to use the device in the water and the high cost of the C6's housing put me off a little. I hear that an "aquapac" is an option for £80 but they don't look that safe or professional.

Then I started looking at compacts with good video, The two that caught my eye were the sony T30 or the Canon SD550 (Ixus 750).

The T30 because of its looks and a not-too-expensivewaterproof housing and the Canon because of its intruiging lower res 60 FPS video mode. I understand that the MPEG videos on these devices take up large amounts of space so I was wondering if anyone knows if the T30 is compatible with 4gb memory sticks? likewise if the canon is compatible with 4gb SD's?

With the high cost of a 4gig stick and waterpoof housing it's turning into quite an expensive project. I'm from the UK so don't really want to be shipping from the US.

What does everyone think I should go for? Thanks for your help

flaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links