Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 1, 2006, 4:52 PM   #1

I finished one of those "Free digital cameras" websites (PM me if you want more info) and they have given me the following choices:

Cannon Powershot SD550
Fuji FinePix E900
Kodak Easyshare Z650
Nikkon Coolpix S4
Olympus SP-350

I've been studying these all like crazy and I just can't figure out which one to get. I had it narrowed down to the cannon and the olympus but the Fuji E900 looks pretty good too. Which one would you guys go for and why?

mpagri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:32 PM   #2

From what I see in reading about the camera's you've listed here's how I would rate them:

1st: Canon SD550. Reason, Good image quality, Compact, and Responsive. But it can be slippery.

2nd: Fuji E900. Reason, Good image quality, Very good color rendition, 4x zoom. But it does have Chromatic aberration(purple fringing).

3rd: Nikkon S4. Reasons, Simple to opperate, Good imagequality under good light conditions, Very good macro, the Split body, and the 10x zoom. But, it has somenoise, theMonitor isa touch to dark for out doors. And, me and my friends have not had good luck with Nikons, but that could have just beenthe models.

4th: Olympus SP-350. Good imagequality under good light conditions, Full range of shooting modes, and the Hot shoe. But it is sensitive to noise, auto white balance not so good in low light conditions, and has a Short range built-in flash.

And the Kodak I don't know anything about, so can't help you there:sad:.

And guess what, It's in the same order you listed them:lol:.
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote