Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 3, 2006, 1:15 AM   #1

I was looking to take a photography class this next semester. And I was looking for cameras to buy. I've been looking online for camera forums and this one seems like the best camera sight that I've found. Unfotunately the camera I"m looking at getting is a film SLR camera.

Theres the link to the camera I'm looking at. If anyone has any feedback on this camera that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Or if you know another forum that discusses these cameras that would be great too.
PrimusRTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2006, 7:19 AM   #2

You will get some great pictures with a 35mm SLR. Consider though, getting a digital. With technology changing it might be a better purchase. It is a matter of choice.

Good luck!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:57 AM   #3

If the course requires a film SLR, you may want to look at the used market, too.

You can often find some pretty good deals, since film SLRs don't sell very well in this new Digital Age.

Heck, I've acquired two film bodies in the past year for around $50 each, including a lens (I bought them just to get the lenses, since I was looking for specific lenses and found camera packages including them for about the same price as the lenses alone). lol

My favorite vendors for used gear (and these guys also sell new gear). I've bought used gear from all 3 vendors:

KEH is my favorite vendor for used gear, since they have very conservative ratings. You get a 60 day warranty with used gear, too

JimC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:15 AM   #4

Thanks for the info guys. I ended up buying it. I love it. In the 3 short weeks i've had it, I could safely say i've taken over 400 shots. I'm going to start my photo class in about a month and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for th links JimC, I still need to look for some new lenses to get for different types of shots and stuff.
PrimusRTD is offline   Reply With Quote