Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:14 PM   #1

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who called this evening - he'd spotted what he thought might be a great deal on a super-zoom camera.

On pixmania the S5600 Zoom is being bundled alongside a "30 in 1" card-reader, a 1gb xd card, a charger + 4 rechargeable batteries and a case for £242.

Not a bad deal possibly except that I think the card reader is fairly unnecessary for him. On the same site I spotted the following...

...the Powershot S2 IS bundled with a 512mb card and case for £248.

From Steve's review it seems the Canon is a bit of a class-leader (and unfortunately the Sony DSC H1 looks to be out of budget) but I can't find a review for the S5600.

It looks to me like the Canon is a better deal for his needs but I wouldn't want to advise him incorrectly. Any advice is appreciated and the sooner the better as my friend is desperate to get something asap (he was about to buy it tonight but I asked him to give me a few hours to check it out for him!).

Many thanks in advance.

nickytgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:31 PM   #2

In the US, that camera is called the S5200. Here is Steve's rather favorable review.

Go to the last page for his assessment. I have the S5200. It's better than its superzoom counterparts in low light, though it lacks stabilization.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote