Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:43 PM   #1

I desperately need help in this.

I had Olympus SZ-140 for 7 years(execelent camera -super pictures) but it's finally died.

So i am tring to choose one camera in the price range up to 350$, which would have this capabilities:

1) i need zoom-the longer the better

2) i need all this programmed modes for different situation incl. continius shooting mode(for dance recitals, sports etc) also it has to have an option for manual control (i used t ouse full manual camera years ago-it was fun)

3) would be nice to be able to organize pictures into the albums stright in the camera

4) red eye reduction in the camera -nice but not nesesary

5) optical viewfinder

6) better bigger 2/5 inch lcd (but is it nessesary?)

7) want to have a video function and ability to choose single frame and print it

8) has to be compact

9)and the most important it should produce a good pictures up to 11*14. so at least 5mp i need

I narroed down the list and now the choice btw Canon A530 and Olympus sp-320

Pros Olympus over canonn for me is

more programs

7.1Mp vs 5mp

red-eye reduction and editing in olympus

albums in Olympus

pros Canon vs Olympus

more power efficient

SD card vs Xd (i have Sd card already in my camcorder)

4x optical zoom

Some reviews state that there is some problems in the quality of Olympus , but the truth is that I am not so advanced in this to understand what is the problem...

also power efficiency looks better in canon in terms of fer ex. continious shoooting mode.

So I need advice .

May be I overlooked some models? I looked at canon with longer zoom but they don't have an image stabilizer, so i excluded it. Panasonic doesn't have a video function and viewfinder. is it possible get by without iT?

thank you !!!!!

Geronimo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:56 AM   #2

another thought is panasonic TZ1 (concern is that lens cup is removable-i am afraid it will be lost or lenses will be scratched) or panasonic LZ4 (6MP, 6X) are they any good? Which one would you choose taking that the price difference is not a big issue.?
Geronimo11 is offline   Reply With Quote