Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 17, 2006, 1:15 AM   #1

I am in the market for a new ultra-compact camera with MPEG-4 video. I realize my options are pretty much limited to the Casio Exilim Z-series, so I've narrowed my choices down to either the Casio Z-60, or Casio Z-750.

However, in my search I've also come across the Casio Z-600. Now, I read on Steve's review that this camera takes MPEG-4 videos, however, everything else I have read about this camera states that it in fact does not. Is this just a typo on Steve's review, or can anyone confirm that the Z-600 takes MPEG-4 videos?

I need something small (small enough to smuggle into a concert venue ), quick (start-up time, shutter lag), something that takes good low-light pictures/videos (preferrably MPEG-4), and of course has great image quality.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

spongebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2006, 9:25 PM   #2

Neither the Z60 nor Z600 have MPEG4. If you want something tiny the S600 does have MPEG4, but I think the Z750 is currently a better buy online if the size difference is OK.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:21 PM   #3

Thanks slipe!

I decided on the Z-750 which I am getting from eBay for $250. Now I just need a new SD card and spare battery and I think I will be set. Do you know if the Z-750 is compatible with a 4GB card?

Also, as far as batteries go, would it be wise to get something like this,

as opposed to the official Casio battery? I know I probably should play it safe and stick with the name brand Casio, but for the same price I could get 2 batteries vs. Casio's one.

Thanks again for all your help!
spongebeth is offline   Reply With Quote