Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 20, 2006, 6:44 PM   #1

Hi Folks,

I decide to sell my old 3.2 Pentax camera and buy a brand new one.

I've read dozens of reviews about the recent models that have arived to the market.

I think the brands that i'm more interested are Panasonic, Sony and Canon.

Now here's where the confusion and polemic starts.

I want to spend up to 300€ on a camera, i know that's not a lot, but it's what i can pay now...

I need a camera for all use around. E.g. Take photos to my articles in shop (good macro needed); need a good zoom (but it's not the most important requirement); take photos Inside and outside to my family, etc.

So with these options i've comed to some models that i'm going to post here, but don't be influciated, if you think there's a better one, even if it is other brand, please post and say why do you have chosen.

Canon Powershot a540

Canon Powershot a620

Canon S2is

Sony w30 or W50

Sony P200

Sony S600

Panasonic LZ3 or LZ5

Panasonic TZ1

Panasonic FX9

Panasonic FZ7

Panasonic LS2

Fuji F10zoom (this is an exception to my 3 brand that i chosed)

The most think that confudes me it's the lens...i'm not very preocupied if it is 5 or 6MegaPixel...what i want is a good lens with good color captation and image quality.

So what is the best lens? Canon; Carl Zeiss or Lumix (There's a confusion with leica....because there are some Panasonic that have Leica lens but Lumix ins't made by leica is it?)

I hope you can help me and i finally buy my camera!

Thanks to you all,

Carlos A. Monteiro

Cascais, Portugal

carlosmonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2006, 5:45 PM   #2

I'm very pleased with my A620. THis is my first digital camera but after having owned a 35mm Rebel I kind of wish I had saved up enough for a dslr Rebel. Nice camera for what it costs though. I will try and help you if you have any other questions about the A620. I can't speak for the other models you have listed but I searched intensely for 2 months before I decided on the Canon. Good luck to you.
uglybaby is offline   Reply With Quote