Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:40 AM   #1

:? Hi everyone! I am a complete novice who has been reading and learning fromeverything you people say with total absorption and admiration! Hope I don't bore you too much.

I am about to buy my first decent camera which is also my first digital camera. After several weeks of trying to decide I have narrowed it down to these two, but as I intend to buy the top of the range card, the rechargeable battery pack, custom carrying case, etc,I really don't want to make a mistake. So - here goes.....

Should I buy the A620 which has the extendible swivel lcd - everyone seems agreed that this is a must have for self portraitsand difficult angles? This model also has an Underwater carrycase for protection in bad weather which the A700 doesnot.

Or should I buy the A700 - which is getting raved about - and if so, what benefits will I get from this model instead of the A620? I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to pick out exactly what the new aspectsof this model will do for me personally.

I am a fairly fussy type of individual in the sense of liking things to be as good as I can get them - I mainly want to take good point and shoot pics and short video clips which I can upload and edit on my computer and then save to DVD. I don't think I will ever want to get a whole lot more technical than that - based on time as well as inclination. Within these parameters, though, I want to produce the best possible shots I can. I have often been told that I have a good "eye" for composition and atmosphere - and this is another reason for upgrading to a good quality camera. I also love taking animal pics.

Please tell me what you think - I'm very torn between the two now and need some informed advice!

catperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:03 AM   #2

See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=15

Personally I'd go for the A620. Once you have the flip out screen you'll understand why.

ron519098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:37 PM   #3

Thanks for that Ron - I've been inclined towards that one the more I think of it. Think that settles it!

catperson is offline   Reply With Quote