Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:46 PM   #1

I have a Canon DSLR, the 20D. I love that camera, and I'm hoping to get a small P&S camera to keep on me at all times so I never miss an opportunity for a good shot or movie clip. I haven't shopped for a digicams for a long time, so I thought I'd ask you guys because I'll bet you know what's current (or recently current). I have an old S110 Canon Elph, a 2 mp camera, and it's served me well. I'd like a little camera like it, but with a better movie mode, 3+ mp, and a more powerful zoom. I also had a G3 years ago, and I liked it quite a bit too. Also, if I could stick with Canon, that would be nice, but it's not necessary.

I already own about 3 gigs worth of CF cards, so I'd prefer not to get a camera that requires a different kind of memory. How come all the new cameras seem to use SD?

I like the Canon S1 IS, but it's a little bulky. I know the S2 IS is out, and I'm okay with getting a used on on Ebay if that's what I need to do. Fuji made a… S602 (I think it was) that looked pretty good, but it's also kind of bulky. A similarly spec'd camera but smaller, would be nifty.

Oh yeah, and I'm hoping to spend $250 or less.

Any thoughts? Is it too much to ask for?
xena45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links