Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 7, 2006, 8:03 PM   #1

Hey, you all seem like a helpful bunch of people, so I thought I'd ask you all for some advice. I currently have a Mustek DV4000 which I've had very few complaints about, but lately it hasn't been working too well. It may be a pretty easy fix, I'm not sure, basically the battery just won't charge. It's about time for a new camera anyway though, so I've been lookin around a little. I was about to just pick up a DigiLife DDV V1 on ebay, but I decided to do a little research and found a review on here that didn't seem all that great. I was also considering the SVP HDDV 2100, but haven't seen too much about that yet. I was also interested in getting another Mustek since I've been pretty happy with mine, so I was looking at the DV9300, but heard that a 12000 was coming out soon. When will that be available and does anyone know anything about it?

I'm open to other options as well, but here's a few features I'd like to have, but may not be completely necessary:

LED Flash for Videos
1 - 2GB memory compatable
High resolution quality
High quality zoom
High quality video
2"+ LCD Display
Under $600

Issues I had with my DV4000 were mainly sound quality during videos. I took a lot of videos of cars and the camera couldn't handle subwoofer bass, loud exhaust, and pretty much driving over 30mph... all of those caused the sound to skip. I also had trouble getting the image quality adjusted properly and often had colors not show up looking as bright as they should and images and video were horrible at night due to not having a flash.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

movin_up3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2006, 4:07 AM   #2

I might just go with the 9300 I guess, unless the new one's coming out within the next couple of months.
movin_up3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2006, 10:46 PM   #3

Try the hybrid forum: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=92
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote