Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:09 PM   #1

I'm currently deployed to iraq and looking for a new camera. I would like some thing that is easy to use. just point and shoot. but possibly more features if i would like to use it for more specific purposes in the future. ultra compact is a must.

have been looking at sony t9 and n1. they seem to both get mixed reviews with fuzzy photos and yellow/brown tint. are these decent camera? one better than the other?

Also looked at the nikon coolpix s3. had decent reviews, didn't look at any other nikons though, or any other brands besides these two so im totally open, just want a compact point and shoot.

i have some crappy photoshop skills so i'll be able to do basic stuff in CS2 like red eye, change hues/restore color and noise reduction... stuff like that.

under 400. would like to keep it around 300 if possible (just camera, no accesories)

ultra-compact. I'm deployed so i need some thing i can carry around easily

don't know much about cameras? would like a decent movie mode.

also some thing that will allow me to take quick shots, like an auto mode.

General Usage

just quick shots for things. going out with friends. no wedding photos or any thing serious.

will have good shots printed but mostly stored on computer.

will be taking pictures in and outdoors.

no particular brands, i've always like sony but don't really have any reason for it? just seem to always lean towards it but totally open to other brands.

dcs-t9 dcs-n1 and nikon coolpix s3

would like image stabalization feature. i will not use a tripod, if the camera takes decent pics with out then its not that big of a problem.
crackr0ckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:19 PM   #2

Consider the new sony t30

unless you've bought one already? In which case what did you get?

duffloop is offline   Reply With Quote