Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:52 PM   #1

I just bought an e-500. I love many aspects of it but am very concerned about the noise "issue" past ISO 400. When I have been away I noticed that I really liketo shoot in museums, churches, doorways, hallways, etc. (in addition to outdoor scenes, etc.)

I am thinking about switching to the Nikon d50. While I like what the Canon 350d offers, I HATE the cheap feel of it and the small body.

What do you guys recommend? This is my first dSLR. Any thoughts about how Noise Ninja, or somehting similar, works?

stripperdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:29 PM   #2

You can also use Neat Image, its not very complicated and its free!!

Here is the tutorial on how to use it, you can also download the program on the same website: http://www.neatimage.com/howto.html
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:50 PM   #3

After debating a number of months over the E-500, I ended up purchasing a D-50. I love the D-50. One of the reasons I went with the D-50 was because of the results with higher ISOs. However, you are talking about low light situations and I don't think switching cameras will totally solve your problem. If you likeyour E-500 why don't you use a tripod. In a museum you are talking about stationary objects anyhow. You could also try getting a faster lense for those situations.
Dadeo is offline   Reply With Quote