Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:13 PM   #1

I'm still trying to decide which casio I want to buy and was wondering if anyone on the forums owned a Casio EX-Z60. It seems like a nice camera and comparable to some other casio's that $100+ more. If anyone has one, please post your thoughts on it!! THANKS!
Chad8737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:43 PM   #2

I bought this camera for my gf at target for $250. The camera looked nice, it was slim, and had a nice 2.5" LCD screen that my gf wanted. Took the camera home, tried it out, I was not happy with it at all.

The speed wasnt that bad, it was quicker then her 4 years old sony camera. But the picture quality was really bad. It seems like her 4 years old 3.2mp sony was a lot sharper. With the casio, anything over 100 ISO was not usable. I was very disappointed that I returned it.

Also the AF was pretty slow and even worst in low light. The DSP or whatever Casio calls it, the "anti-shake" feature was a joke. What it does is raised the ISO and the shutter speed just like what fuji does. Fuji was able to pull it of because they are able to shot in higher ISO with a lower noise. With Casio, the noise was very bad.

I bought the Panasonic FX01 to replace it. I know panasonic isnt known to have the cleanest picture, but my test shots came out a LOT better then the casio.

my $.02
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote