Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:19 AM   #31

Kudos to your wife withhaving some common sense, the amount of travel you are going to be doing in 07 she is right on the money, at all these ports its usually on the bus off the bus at all the various points of interest and if I were doing your iteneries the last thing I would want is lumping a DSLR with lens, just add the weight up compared to the Canon S3 or Sony H5 remembering that both have in excess of 400mm at tele and 38mm wide.

Looking at many images from both these cameras give good results although I would lean a tad more to the Sony with the Carl Zeiss lens.

Hope you have some exciting travel next year and look forward to some ofyour shots.

Regards Wirraway, Australia

Sony DSC-F707

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:50 AM   #32

Bottom line, it is really a very personal decision. You have to decide what you want to carry, how much, and when, just as you have to decide what kind of photos you might want to take. What I think is not much at all, maybe quite burdensome to you. So, you see the answers are indeed both very personalized and subjective.

Ultra zooms do a very good job, under the right conditions. Their photos are very creditable. There is no doubt about that. Analyze your shooting over the last year carefully. You might well be able to take exactly the photos that you like and want with an ultra zoom. Only you will know the answer.

At the end of the day, we will be here in this Forum to help, if you desire.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote