Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:42 AM   #1

Hi, I am looking first digital camera for my parent but there seems to be lot of options.'
What they are looking for is a good overall use camera with big lcd size and good zoom options. Zoom should be at least 5x but more is better.
Image stabilazation would be also necessary and maybe an af assist lamb also? or ?.
What I have looked for now are the canon a700 and sd700 and panasonic tz1.
I have also looked for canon S1-S2-S3-is models but at least S1 the picture quality was very grappy in my opinion so I dont know about those.
I have olympus c-765 and the picture quality should be at least as good as on that one.

Thanks already for any advices!

john0055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:35 PM   #2

Certainly the Canon S-2, S-3, the Panasonic TZ-1, FZ-5, and FZ-7, and the Sony H-1, H-2 and H-5 all fullfill the requirement that there be greater than 5X optical zoom, have OIS, a large LCD, and to equal or better the photo quality of your Olympus C-765.

Is physicalcamera size a factor within this selection process? If so the TZ-1 is the hands down winner. How about the macro capability, How about the video clip capability? How about the burst capability? Those will also play into the selection process.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote