Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 6, 2006, 5:08 AM   #1

i've been hunting now a lot of info for while to decide what to buy...

i'm very attracted to the D2/LC1 due the nice lens and wide range and the really non-intrusive character of the rangefinder types...

I mostly take pictures of people inside trying to be not noticed...
And so working in limited light conditons without flash....

Hence i also became interested in (for example) a pentax K100D (wich has anti shake and pretty good noise free iso400-800 modes if i may believe the reviews) or a minolta D7 (not so funnedon it but i can get one pretty cheap)

Of course, a body like that with a *decent* wide and fast lens costs about the same a D2...but a SLR is (imho) sooo "intrusive".. (i'm not a pro and don't want to "look" like one)

so i'm a bit stuck here. I'm unable to get here my hands on a D2 to play with it, so if anyone has any foto's (concerts, bar type sceneries, anything with bad light and people ) or things to say about using the D2/LC1 in low light conditions .... please do so

thank you!
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:31 PM   #2

If you can afford a Leica Digilux2/Panasonic LC1, then I would strongly suggest you consider a Digital SLR (eg. Canon EOS 30D body + Stabilizer Lens) as they perform significantly better in lower light than the LC1 ever would. The LC1 tops off at ISO 400 while any other DSLR would top off at ISO3200 and the noise would still be relatively low.
Renegade_R is offline   Reply With Quote