Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:06 AM   #1

The title basically says it all. I am looking to move up and buy a solid dslr, and I don:t want to spend more than I have to. Besides price, a second factor that is important to meis relative compactness, as I tend to do quite a bit of travelling. Given these two factors and what I:ve read on this forum, it seems like Pentax is the way to go. My question is therefore actually rather basic -- what is the difference between the Pentax models out on the market, the K100D and the ISTDL? Secondly, where can I get these cameras at the lowest price? (an important factor for consideration here is that I am presently based in Japan, Niigata prefecture) Finally, are there any other cameras that you believe I should seriously consider, given my criteria?

Thanks a million,

- Ballpointpenner
Ballpointpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:21 AM   #2

Pentax should fit your criteria regardless of the model. They are actually pretty cheap compared to other brands usually, and compact but well built. The main difference between the DL and K100D is that the K100D has in body shake reduction. Other differences include better jpg performance(thought raw is similar), and improved autofocus(including more AF point) on the K100D. The DL is a good little camera, but if you can afford it the K100D is better. I cant help you on prices though, sorry.
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 1:43 PM   #3

You might also want to take a look at the thread in this folder titled "DSLR-HELP."

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote