Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 17, 2006, 4:10 AM   #1

Hi people i new in this forum...

Well i like a lot to take pictures as a hobbie i am a graphic designer.

That is my web I take that photos with my sony k750 i have also a canon eos 3000D.

Now i going to enter to the digital world buying the canon 350D that seems good with a good price.

My aunt is coming from usa i found a site that offers the 350D at $600 with 18-55mm lenses +$20 for ship.

So the question is what lenses can i buy to start I only wants one lenses that works with macro , portrait , tele, landscape. (a lenses for all porpuse)

Maybe that dont exist but wich ones are closest to that with good resolution and under $750 (bye bye L lenses to much for now.)

I was looking a lot, here some lenses that i found:

1. Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC

2. Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 USM Standard Zoom
and combine with the kit lenses 18-5mm?¿?

And also i want to know this:

- Where i can see photos taken with the 18-55mm kit ???

- :? I was searching about the lenses and find this:
Fujifilm Finepix S9000 9MP Digital Camera with 10.7x Wide Optical Zoom

seems good is better than the 530D ????? have the same price

a gallery of 530d and s9000 pictures

- Many says to buy this Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II USM for what is good this one ? is not to expensive so i can buy if is really important

I am forgeting the 350d that i am going is also to take pictures of the works that i did example book design, brochure, flyers, personals cards, posters...

i dont want to buy another lenses to take this pictures... can i take it with the ef 50mm

Thanks for the comments and advise :|

I touch a 350d... and seems that is a little to handle but i think i can live with that
luix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:43 AM   #2

First off, I don't own the 350D, I bought is once, but returned it because it was too small for my hand... but here are my thoughts anyways.

$600 for 350D and kit lens sounds low for a brand new one. Is it used? Make sure the online store is legit. There are lots of scammers here in the US, so be sure to checkout the store's ratings at resellerratings.com

I've read good reviews about Sigma's 18-200 and that's probably a good option. Actually if you can buy the camera body only, do that, and buy the Sigma 18-200 with it.

The combo of other lens looks good as well, it's just that you have onver lapping focal lengths.

I wanna bring up though, that the best Canon walk around lens is the 17-85 IS USM. Check it out if it's in your price range.

For sample pictures, checkout

Note that these are taken by regular people, so some bad pics may be because they don't know how to shoot.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 9:54 PM   #3

Yeah thanks...

you are right the store rating is bad i am going to buy from another store but with good ratings...

For 3 days i dont know wich lenses

sigma Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC or canon EF-S 17-85MM f4-5.6 IS USM

I am searching a lot of reviews samples images

But i dont know at know wich take best pictures

thanks again
luix is offline   Reply With Quote