Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:17 PM   #71

I am just now going from digital to film.

I have been with the Minolta system for yrs but---yesterday I held an F-4 Nikon film camera in my hands and I do believe it is the most awesome camera I have ever held.

I have a 5 D and a 7 D but with the demise of Minolta, I will probably not go Sony either with the Alpha 100 for my next upgrade. There are several users of this new camera in www.dyxum.com forums. They are having a lot of noise problems with the A 100 at the higher ISOs.

I believe if I had it to do over, I would go totally with a Nikon system, they are just better to repair and find lenses and parts for and they are just a great tough camera. I have a film Maxxum 7 dead in the water right now from a common problem that Minolta has had with them, a problemwhere you attach the lens to the camera and a spring that breaks and won't come back. There are no parts or nowhere to send it now really. I left it with thecamera repairman for a parts camera.

Nikon has been in business for a long time and I believe I will put my hard earned dollars with them---- if this is any help to anyone trying to make a decision on buying a camera?

Kathy H.

Kathy H. is offline   Reply With Quote