Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: Which is better for indoor concerts?
Canon PowerShot S410 0 0%
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:01 PM   #1

I've previously had Canon S410. Most of times when I use the camera is when I go to concerts. I didn't like S410 because regardless whether I put the camera in auto or manual setting (with the best of little knowledge and professional's tips I know), the pictures came out dark most of times (low ISO with low exposure to solve noise problem of high ISO and problem of blurness of moving object) and/or blurry.

So I sold it and now I'm considering it Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3. I don't have much budget here ($200 or less incl. tax and/or shipping). Would Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3 be a better camera to use at indoor concerts than Canon S410?
DepecheNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:28 AM   #2

Neither will perform well in those circustances. I am a Canon fan of their lineups lately, but their P&S are not that great with low light settings. For those, I would look at the Fuji lines. If it were normal or halfway decent lighting I would choose the Canon anytime over that Panasonic or any Fuji.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:17 AM   #3

It's hard to find a P&S'er that does well in low light. And, speaking from experience, concerts are very tricky, when photography is concerned. The truth is that NO P&S'er will perform well but if I were you I'd gather up some more cash and go for the Fuji F30 or, better yet, wait for the S6500. I think that's the closes you're gonna get to taking a decent concert photo with any P&S'er.
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote