Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:35 PM   #1

Hey all, I am having trouble finding a good ultra compact at a decent price that has a viewfinder, so I would just like to see what I would be able to get for the same price if I decide to go without a viewfinder (This won't be my main camera after all).

So in the $150-$200 price range, what are the best cameras I can get. My requirements.

-3x zoom
-LCD screen must be at least 2" (if I'm not getting a viewfinder) and bright.
-VERY Small, I want to fit this in my pocket... so like, as small as possible.
-And of course, this one is important. It has to not be a crappy camera. You know, good reviews and stuff, haha.:lol:
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:17 AM   #2

Not many ultra compacts are that inexpensive.

Just checking here:

I see one recommended for under $200, the Kodak easyshare V530. The V550 is pretty much the same camera, but with a 2.5" LCD and an optical viewfinder, but that's going for around $250.

The one I liked for around $200 was the Sony W30. But I think I've already suggested that.

Beyond that you're looking at models that are more like 2 years old. You're really talking about the entry level price range for compacts. There aren't many ultra compacts at that price.

The Cannon A530 is probably the best budget compact out there at that price, but it's not an ultra compact.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote