Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:22 PM   #11

Idan wrote:
I am funny sometimes.. he he... but truth is that I was using my borher;s Rebel XT for a few months nowand I've decided that now it is time to have my own equipment so I need to dig and be updated, hope you don't mind :lol:
Just be careful, marketing hype can cloud the issue. If this camera follows Sigma's past efforts it will be a good picture taker but if it produces only RAW files (like the SD-9 and SD-10 did) you always have to process your images. Some third party software may not support the camera as well (or support may be slow coming).

Nikon and Canon are still the "safest" systems to enter, Sony is still new to the market but has all of the Konica/Minolta expertise behind it, Pentax seems to be making a new revival with the agressive pricing and K100D models with shake reduction, and of course Olympus is still a company with an eye on innovation. Sigma is still a very small fish in this pond, so be certain that it is everything you wnat before you spend your money on it.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:42 AM   #12

If I was looking at the big picture for a long term, you are right, but I couldn't just couldn't ignore the image quality advantage., thats what turned my head for the first time. Price might be an issue, but I am willing to pay more for this advanced camera (If it will become my dream camera) and be a happy customer, I am sure very anxious to see Steve's review on the one.

In camera JPEG is very important for me because (even though I know how) I don't want to develope every image I take.

Just having a camera with such an advanced sensor feels unique, I want to love my new tool cause I am gonna pay a good buck-of-coins for it.

I don't intend to buy many lenses and keep them in a large bag, I want 2 great lenses that will cover my most useful focal ranges. After buying a camera I wanted to buy an Eizo 23" 1920x1200 Screen, to fully enjoy the quality of the images I've taken. Thats my dream studio for now but soon...very soon I will know which path to choose.
Idan is offline   Reply With Quote