Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Wide Carriage Inkjet

Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:36 AM   #1

I'm looking for opinions on the Epson 2400 - quality of output, speed of printing8"x10" or larger etc. Is this printer worth the expense?

Thanks.
garlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:50 AM   #2

Garlam

I have been using the Epson R2400 for over a year now. It is a great printer for the money. This printer is considered a pro model, and its out put is pro grade. When people see my prints, they can not believe they are from an inkjet printer.

The print quality anddetails are great. I like to use the Enhanced matte, Velvet, or Luster papers with this printer. I feel that I get the best and widest colors with these papers.The color range is very good and accurate. It produces veryrealistic prints. If you like b&w images, this is one of the best printers for that. It has three black cartridges.

For speed, it is about average. My Canon I9100 was faster. For prints, I am not worried about the speed, mainly the quality. This printer is much faster than the 2200 though. The printer is very quite while printing. Another good point to this printer is that it can print over 129 inches with roll paper.

If you are wanting to sell prints, yes it is worth the price. Some of the dye based printers will fade within a few years, even under glass. This is the reason I bought this printer.

HP and Canon both have Pigment printers out now, as you might want to look at them too. I have read good review on them. The Canon is only in a 17" wide format at the present time though. The 13" will be out early next year.

One draw back is the switching of the matte/photo black cartridges. I have mainly been printing matte lately, so no biggie for me.

Hope this helps

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:00 AM   #3

Thanks so much for this, Bill.

garlam.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 3:04 PM   #4

garlam

Your welccome. Hope it has helped. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:30 PM   #5

Hi Bill,

How does your 2400 do whenusing premium glossy photo paper from Epson?

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:15 PM   #6

I did purchase the 2400 after reading Bill's comments and I do not regret it whatsoever.

I have usedEpson's premium glossy paper and imo, the prints are vibrant, brightand rich. Have had some great comments from other photographers on this paper.

garlam.